Sunday, November 8, 2009

P-I-N-K pink

Maddie adores the color pink. In fact, I'd say it is a borderline obesession. Sometimes in the morning when she is wrestling with me as I try to get her dressed for the day, all I have to say is, "But Maddie, it's a pink shirt today" and she calms right down. She hoards pink crayons, prompting me to google how to purchase pink crayons in bulk. The other day at the grocery store, as the items were going by on the belt, she started screaming "PINK PINK" at the top of her lungs until I let her hold the items that had pink packaging. She even goes so far as to sometimes claim something is pink even when it isn't (balloon from Friendly's).

I'm not certain how the obsession started and really I find it rather comical considering I'm not much of a girly girl myself and can't recall ever encouraging her fascination. I guess some things are just undeniably in our nature!

(Aidan is non-discriminating when it comes to his colors - though he does show a slight preference for yellow and green).

Here are some photos from the weekend just to keep you up to date. Below they are playing peekabo with each other from opposite sides of the door to their dollhouse. I often hear "Peekabo, I SEE YOU!" while they giggle wildly. So cute :-)






No comments: