Most mornings we are up and out of the house after breakfast for some sort of a group activity. Last week they helped Oak Knoll plant their daffodil bulbs for the season and this week they took a class on spiders and went on a spider hunt. Just this morning they had their Karate lesson and I heard them hard at work on their kicks, punches & chops. Their teacher commented on what hard workers they are and what a great attitude they have. Next week we have BINGO at the school and the ZOO BOO at Capron Park. Weekly soccer games and ice skating lessons are just a given.
I'm grateful that they can take this year to try out so many activities and hopefully be able to narrow it down to what things they most want to pursue long term. I am also grateful that I am able to spend so much time with them and take part in their adventures (I was an honorary spider hunter). I am, of course, especially grateful that they are enjoying school as much as they are and having such a positive experience there. Lastly I am grateful that they are able to be so busy but still have time to play in the yard, watch their favorite tv shows, build with their legos and just be their silly selves. I also should mention that I am grateful to Kurt for all of his hard work that provides us with the ability and resources to take advantage of all of these opportunities.
In fact, I am actually a bit sad at the thought of them having to go to school full days next year. Just the other day on the drive home from nature class, they said they hoped they could do this forever and I realized I was kind of hoping for that too...
![]() |
| K-a-r-a-t-e CHOP! |
| Pre spider hunt. (come spring we'll take a photo with what Aidan likes to call the "Willner daffodils") |
| She's much more aggressive this year and has scored at least one goal during each game! |
| I've never seen anyone love anything as much as this boy loves ice skating. He smiles the ENTIRE time :-) |
I certainly don't mean to make it sound like everything is perfect and we've not a care in the world. This isn't Facebook after all. Aidan still gets anxious now and then and Maddie is still a bit moody and can be really hard on herself. But overall, they are fabulous children and we do our best to move through the bad days and try to reflect more often on the good ones.
Just the other day I received a lovely out of the blue email from a neighbor who ran into Kurt & the kids at the grocery store. She said "I had to tell you that running into your kids made my day. They are two of the warmest children I have ever met and I really enjoyed all of their stories and hugs. You and Kurt are doing all good things over there."
And I'll just leave it at that :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment