Monday, July 8, 2013

Gardening Galore

Unfortunately I forgot my camera on the fourth, but the kids had a blast at the Hingham parade and we were very impressed that they lasted the entire parade in the melting heat with neery a complaint.
Then we continued the celebration with a BBQ at Mimi & Buppy's (joined by Grandma & Grandpa).  M&A enjoyed their time with their cousins and then Daddy took them for a dip in the Riddle's pool.  This was especially enjoyable for Aidan since he was able to see his new favorite obsession - his swim instructor Samantha Riddle.  He's already told me 5 times since then that I am invited to their wedding. 
__________________________________________

And now we are starting off our week with Gardening Galore camp through the Mansfield Summer Institute.  Technically their first choice was Star Wars camp, but apparently the concept of making your own planet appeals to the masses - so gardening it is! 

In typical Aidan style, he must have asked me the same questions 10 times this morning before we left for camp.  Of course I was patient and answered them over and over since I know this is his way of working through his anxieties about the unknown.  Once we established that this was not the start of Kindergarten, that I would walk them in, that I would pick them up at the end and that it was only for 3 hours - we were on our way!

Drop off went smoothly, though my stomach did sink a little bit when I turned to leave and noticed Aidan has his fake grin on that usually signals nervousness.  I decided to hope for the best and went home to clean the house in peace (so that it can be destroyed a mere 3 hours later).

Pickup was a different story - major chaos.  I was a bit shocked that there wasn't more of a system in place.  It was kind of a free-for-all, hope to find our own kid type of situation.  My fears were bolstered by Maddie telling me that they were late coming out of the building because they lost Charles and had to go back for him.  Guess I've been spoiled by a preschool where they bring the kids directly to your car.  We are in the real world now!!!



I did end up finding them!  Very proud of their marigolds....

Oh, and they loved camp.  Aidan was especially enthusiastic, so apparently the anxiety wore off quickly.  They are both excited to go back tomorrow.  And I will try to refrain from my urge to send them in with GPS tracking devices.

Happy Summer!

No comments: