Saturday, March 20, 2010

Perfect Afternoon

I can't believe it hit 74 degrees here today - in New England - in MARCH! Can't remember the last time that happened. So we took full advantage and planned an "off-season" visit to the beach. We drove down to Scusset Beach in lovely Sandwich on the cape (it is on the cape cod canal just before you go over the Sagamore bridge, so I'm not certain if that technically counts as part of the cape).

Maddie & Aidan hit the ground running and were so excited to build sand castles. And I found that a springtime visit to the beach was actually more pleasant than a summer one. No traffic and no sticky, sweaty, salty mess to deal with. Just a lovely breeze, the sun shining and a very relaxing time (doesn't hurt that M&A were in a FABULOUS mood the entire time and never once attempted to run off on us).

The second we arrived, Aidan took right off for the water. Poor Kurt had to endure the frigid temperatures with him. I put my feet in for less than a minute and nearly frooze them off. But Aidan didn't seem to notice one bit! Maddie immediately began digging and pretty much never stopped (except at snacktime). We had what I would call a perfect afternoon...






Chillin' in Mommy's PURPLE sunglasses:


Doesn't he look like he was just born to be at the beach??




AHHH...smell that sea air:


Burying himself:





I swear, someday I WILL get a photo of these two where they are looking in the same direction!





She's VERY serious about her work:



The freezing your feet off part:








Snacktime:


Nothing like YoMelts and sand for a hearty meal!




It will be rainy and in the 50s early next week, but we're holding out hope for a very warm spring and lots of future visits to the beach!

No comments: