Thursday, December 11, 2008

Say AHHHHHHH

Now that our toddlers have almost full sets of teeth (and yes, it was a VERY painful process - for ALL of us), it is important to teach them how to brush. Our first few attempts were not so succesful. Aidan refused to let us anywhere near his mouth. Maddie would let the toothbrush in, but she'd giggle and run away (I guess it tickled??). So I had a brainstorm that rather than traumatizing our children by forcing potential choking hazards down their throats, we'd show them that toothbrushing can be a blast!!

So each night before bedtime (but after supper of course) all 4 of us file into the bathroom to brush our teeth. I figured if M&A saw us having such a good time brushing our teeth, perhaps they'd jump on the bandwagon. It worked like a charm!! The first few times they giggled at us and spent most the time trying to get in the toilet bowl. But after a few days, they really caught on. Now they are pros!! Of course if anyone has a solution for the fact that they pitch a fit each time we take the toothbrushes away for the night, I'm open for suggestions :-) Clearly they think it is a strange new toy that Mommy & Daddy are witholding from them most of the day.



No comments: